Friday, August 29, 2008

We've hit the big 10!

So today it is official we have made it to our 10 years of wedded bliss!!! I decided to look up what the 10 year wedding anniversay milestone was and it says this: A marriage that lasts ten years is as durable and beautiful as a diamond. I thought that fit exactly what I was feeling having hit the mark. We have had our ups and downs for sure but it has truly been worth it. To think back to where we started and see where we are at now is humbling and fills me with joy.

Who would have thought that over 10 years ago playing Sega while I waited for Laurie to get ready would have led to this.


We have had our trials and our tears. We have felt the unexplainable joys and such happiness that it is overwhelming. My grandmother always said that every 10 years a person changes and I can really understand that. I don't think Jeff and I are the same people we were when we married. There are still lingering pieces of those two but we have become more of one than two seperate people trying to play house. Our life is crazy and hectic at times and relaxing and fun at others. The joys of life truly teach you alot.
We'd like to say a big thank you again to all our friends and family who have supported us and cared. We really can't make it in this world without friends and family. They are there for the best and worst of times and it helps you get through life.
We love you all and here is to another 10 wonderful years. Lets hope they are a bit smoother than the first!!

2 comments:

Laurie Von said...

yes, I remembered just a little too late in the night, I woulda called but jared's gone and the kids are coo-coo. love the wedding pic and the stroll down mem lane your text took me down. so glad you 2 nuts hooked up.

robin said...

congratulations! i can't believe it's been ten years. i love that you guys hooked up. never saw it coming, but wow, it just made sense!