Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A little of this and that

The update on Jeff is that he has recovered nicely from his teeth pulling. He has actually done so well it is almost like he never had it done. Of course he has been on his medication to help with the recovery so he has been able to manage very nicely. He has also shown his stubborn streak a bit in not wanting any help except for that first day. It has kind of been nice to get the whole thing behind us.

Today we took our first step towards Andrew's future in school. I had a meeting with the school counselor who opened another file and has gotten the ball rolling to re-evaluate him. He'll spend some time going through more testing to determine if he is kindergarten ready. I expressed my concerns in the meeting and was told around the end of April or beginning of May we will meet again to discuss the results and what my options will be. She sent me home with one survey and told me she'd be sending more home this week. I'm a bit nervous about this whole issue so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

When I got home from the meeting I was going through my usual routine and cleaning up when I looked at the counter and saw my bananas were turning brown. This prompted me to make banana bread. I love banana bread and so does Meg so I thought it might be a fun thing to make. Andrew has become my little helper lately. As I get stuff done he is always close at hand to see if there is something he can do to help. He loves taking out the recycling bin and anything cooking related. He helped me make the banana bread today and was very happy.

After the banana bread was in the oven I was picking up stuff and found a note taped to Megan's door.

It says "I am not here I went to the store to buy my kids food please come back later" I think she may have been playing house and left it up. I love to see how grown up she is getting and the stuff that she thinks of. The things her seven year old mind thinks up just make me smile. My family sure does make life fun sometimes. What would I do without them??

No comments: