Thursday, May 5, 2011

Playing Peek-A-Boo with the Sun

We've had on and off weather lately. One minute the sun is out and we are ready to play and the next the clouds roll in and it rains. During one of the sunny moments we took full advantage and had fun outside for once.

There is the walking path a quick car ride from our house that I've been dying to explore. It makes me a little nervous to go out by myself as it is a bit secluded. I waited for a sunny day and one where Jeff could join us.

We geared up and headed out for some fun. We took the path which was around a mile or maybe more. The kids thought it would never end but I thought it was all very beautiful. I loved our little hike and the best part for the kids was that it ended at a play park.

It was a nice reward at the end and they just enjoyed playing and loving it. There was a family there that had a ferret which was fun and interesting. Once people started to notice they packed up and left. I guess they didn't like all the attention. The next cool thing was someone showed up with one of those bubble things that you fit a person inside and roll around. It was for toddlers but still cool to see.


We spent a whole afternoon just enjoying being together as a family and loving the outdoors. I cherish those types of moments and I know we all had a great time. I can't wait for the sun to decide to stay with us so we can have lots more of those moments.

No comments: