This is Andrew's first year to get to go to cub scout camp. He really didn't have any idea what to expect other then I signed him up and he was going. He does love to go to the weekly pack meetings so he felt this was going to be equally as fun.
We arrived on the first day and he was checking everything out. He started to get excited when he was hearing some of the stuff he was going to get the chance to do. This was going to be a great 4 days for him. Megan wished she could have gone and we may have to look into signing her up as a tag a long next year if I am able to go and help.Kelli & Kevin Hanis were are Den leaders for the camp. It was awesome that she'd post pictures on facebook throughout the time of stuff the kids were doing. I loved getting those updates of all the fun.
Jeff took the last day off of work so he could go and help. I was glad for that one on one time for Andrew. They had so much stuff that they did but I think the huge highlight was the bb guns. He loved getting to shoot the bb guns and has already asked to buy one for home. I think we are going to pass on that. Being in a condo doesn't lend itself too well to something like that.
I love that the church is involved in a program like this. It was great to have Andrew out with boys his age having a great experience. I wish they would do a camp every 6 months it was so great. I also wish the girls in primary had something equal to this. Poor Megan looks at all the Andrew gets to do and just wishes she could be a cub scout herself.
They played kickball which Andrew loves now, they played broom hockey type of game, arrows, bb guns, crafts, marbles, astronomy constellations, water rockets, and more. It was 4 days of non stop action and from what I hear Andrew did just fine with no problems.
I was a little nervous on the first day leaving him without me but had to just let go. After the first day when I got the thumbs up report I felt much better. We had talked a lot about behavior and how to act. It seems he did just fine so we did something right.I also love the chance he had to learn a ton of things. It such an awesome thing to get those skills and pick up things that he may end up using later on in life. I know it's his first time and he may not remember but I do plan on having go back and over time something is gonna stick.
I'm already thinking that I have to go at least one day next year. I'm trying to figure out if I can make it the full time but I would love to get the chance to be with him and have some of those experiences. What a cheap way to have some fun.
Another thumbs up for the fun times. So glad we did it and can't wait till next year.

No comments:
Post a Comment