Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Show Me Your Talent

Megan surprised me by coming home a few weeks ago to inform me that she was going to perform in the talent show at school. I can remember back to the days when I was in my very own elementary school talent shows.I am very proud of her courage to get up in front of her school peers and do a little number.
Megan signed up to perform with a classmate. Her names happens to be Megan as well and they have the same exact birth date so they seem to have a connection. The picked a little dance number, Hannah Montana's "Hoedown Throwdown." There was 24 different acts ranging from magic tricks, break dancing, singing, hip hop, jazz, piano, tap dance, and more. I have to say a very talented group all around. Although not all groups were spectacular I had a smile on my face the whole time for the courage and effort they all put forth.

The Megans have been practicing at recess for a while now and think that they had it down. Megan came home to tell me she needed western gear and was excited to have me come and see her. I was instructed to video her performance so I could show Dad when he gets home.

The Megans did a great job and both were thrilled to have gotten the chance to perform. I was able to chat with them after and give them high fives to two huge grinning faces. I think Meg might have the bug for performing. We'll see next year if she signs up again. I was extremely proud of her and so happy that she had so much fun.

1 comment:

Laurie Von said...

aww meg. soooo cute. i love how you laughed and kept going. u one cute little cowgirl. good moves too. i loved watching it, im glad you had your mom video it. love ya meg!!!!!!