Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sprinkler Park Fun

Summer is in full swing and we have been in need of getting out of the house to play. My kids are just about done with watching me sit at the computer to work. We've still got about 4 weeks left of summer break so it was time to come up with something new. We've been hitting up a few play parks but it seems to have lost its appeal.

I came across a set of 4 different sprinkler parks to explore. So far we've tried out 2 different locations. This is an area where they have a variety of water spouts that shoot out or dump water.

My kids are completely in love with the sprinkler parks. The parks are free and open to anyone. We spent about 2 solid hours playing yesterday and the kids didn't stop to rest once.
They love running around and playing with all the different elements. After all the fun we had yesterday the kids asked to go explore another of the parks today. Since we really didn't have anything on the agenda I was happy to take them.

They had just as much fun today as they did yesterday and can't decide which place they like better. When I told them we still have 2 other places to explore they got really excited and can't wait to check out the next one.

I'm feeling like I need to spread out this new found fun. The kids have already asked where we are going next and I said they could pick the order. It gives them such joy to be in control of where we get to go and makes them very happy to have a say.



Really who can resist such fun in the sun. It is so special to be a mom and get to see the joy on your kids face when doing something so simple as splashing around it water sprinklers. It makes life worth it sometimes just for moments like these.

No comments: