Monday, May 21, 2012

Meg's 4th Grade Fruit and Veg Battery


So a few months back Megan had her 4th Grade science project.  I've been a little slow with the blog so I totally forgot to post it.  I found the pictures on the camera and realized that I missed it so I decided to catch up.


Last year Meg had to choose from a list of different projects but this year she could pick anything she wanted.  We were sent a list of websites we could browse to come up with the project we wanted.  Once we selected what we thought we wanted we had to submit it for approval.  Megan had a few projects that sounded fun to her but she settled on the question of "Do fruits and vegetables conduct enough electricity to light a light bulb?"
She was really thrilled with the chance to experiment and couldn't wait to get started.  I had Jeff help her since this is more his area of fun and they were cute together.  Meg really wanted a project to have huge results and tons of fun.  Although she had a great time the data was all pretty much the same that each piece of produce conducted about 1 volt of electricity and not enough to light a  light bulb.
After all was done we helped her create her science board for her presentation.  She loved making the board her own and putting her own touches on it.  She got an A on the project and had a great time.  She can't wait till it's time to do her 5th grade project and already has some ideas of what she want to do.

No comments: