In October our family was sadden to say goodbye to Jeff's Grandfather, Lou. He had been suffering from dementia for several years and it was hard to see him in that state. I'd rather keep my memories of what a great man he really was.
I can remember meeting him for the first time in CA. Laurie and I were the best of friends and I spent most of my time at her house. I was over hanging out with Laurie when he asked me to have a chat in the other room. I can say without a doubt how wonderful our talk was. He had such a gentle spirit about him and I enjoyed every minute. I really felt he was listening to every word I said and he really cared for me. I'm not going to go into details but that first talk with him left a lasting impression on me. I know he was a really great man.
The funeral services were so special as to include personal touches. I loved hearing about his war experiences and since have gotten a copy of his stores from MarGene. I plan to share them with my kids for family home evenings and make sure they know the sacrifices of our relatives. I want to make sure this next generation doesn't forget the past especially those in our own family. I am honored to have know him and been a part of his family.
Although it is difficult to say goodbye, I know he is in a better place. I know he has been reunited with his wife as well as other loved ones. I look forward to seeing him again and others someday. He left a wonderful legacy behind with his children and those he came in contact with. I hope I can learn from his example and keep it in my heart always.
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment