A few weeks ago Megan and I went to the school for a special intro to a new reading program. While we were there Megan's teacher came up to talk to us and said "February is a big birthday month so we should be getting lots of treats. Megan says that her mom doesn't do treats so I guess you won't be sending anything." I was very perplexed by this comment as I have sent something for Megan's birthday ever since she started preschool. I let the teacher know that of course I would be sending something and had actually thought about bringing in cupcakes. Meg just stood beside me with a sheepish grin on her face.So as Meg's birthday was this past Sunday it is time for the special birthday treat. Since there are a handful of birthdays in Megan's class we had to coordinate a day that would be just for Megan and tomorrow is the big day. Jeff helped me out and made the cupcakes and we let Megan decorate them. Don't you love her artistic talent? I set out a few options for her to choose from and she had to use them all. We ended up with 30 cupcakes with "character" to them. We'll say Megan gave them her personal touch. These are for sure hand made!

No comments:
Post a Comment