We played the Wii and Megs Pet Shop toys as our guests arrived. After that we had yummy pizza and bread sticks for dinner. Then we started to get into the real fun. We started off with a craft of "princess wand" making. All the girls loved this and put their own special touch on their wands. We followed that with presents and cake. Megan picked of course chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Got Milk??
Next we started with the big activities of the evening. We played pass the package, sock grab, sleeping beauty, hide and go seek glow sticks, mummy wrap, and a white elephant type prize exchange.


The girls showed their girly character during the games. It was interesting to see who wanted to be in charge and who wanted to win everything. We had some tears at one point and a little home sick sadness but all blew over within 5 or so minutes. For the most part everyone got along really well and had a great time. It was something to see some personalities fit together.
We rolled out the beds around 10:30pm and the girls got to watch a movie and have popcorn. Everything was going really smooth till the minutes started to tick away and tiredness began to kick in. Around 11:30 two of the girls had fallen asleep and the rest wanted to so I left them with the movie going on a sleep timer. I'd say about 15 or so minutes later I heard the pitter patter of feet asking to turn off the TV as they couldn't sleep with it on. Lets just say we made several trips up to the girls for several talks that lasted till 2:00am. We had some real night owls that just couldn't sleep. I really think for the most part each girl fell asleep at one point to be woken up later by others. Each time we had different sets of girls with one consistent culprit. Oh you guessed it our little Meg was the ring leader. Jeff and I are a bit tired today so I can only imagine what the girls are going to be like for their families.
I woke up at around 7am for a quick shower and then came upstairs to see a few girls awake. Some of the night owls were snoring away but quickly gotten woken up by the others. We had pancakes for breakfast and then each girl got to pack up their suitcases and get dressed while I painted toe nails and finger nails. Starting at 9:15am one by one the doorbell rang and each girl went home.
As the last girl left Ken and MarGene arrived to return Andrew to us. I'd like to say again a big huge Thank You for taking him. I have no idea how we would have survived the night with him underfoot and I'm so glad for the offer. Thank You!!
All in all we had a successful night and had a ton of fun. We are a bit exhausted today but it was worth it for Megan to have so much fun. Not sure if we are ready to do it again anytime soon but I'm sure it isn't our last slumber party.

1 comment:
you came off conquerer--yahoo for you two, silly meg's got that party girl nocturnal thing goin on. sounds so so fun, just missing kendra is all.
Post a Comment