Monday, July 19, 2010

Family Fun Carnival

Last year sometime I came across this free travelling family carnival. It only last for a month during the summer for about 5 days. We never found the time to go last year and we were a little sad we didn't get to check it out. This year I found it was back for the month of July and I was determined we were going to go. So far this month we are half way through the days and we haven't made it out. So on Friday I made a command decision that I was just going to go with the kids flying solo.

The carnival was about 15 different tents of various crafts and things to do. I'd say there were around a hundred plus people there so the lines were rather long. It is open from 5pm - 8pm so there really wasn't enough time for us to hit up everything. In addition to that Andrew of course wanted to do different things than Megan. Since there was only one of me I had to have them compromise and go to things they'd both enjoy.

It was a little nerve racking as we had never been to this park before and it wasn't in the best neighborhood. Note to self maybe it is better to wait for Jeff to be able to go with you when you are venturing out to something you've never been to.

The kids missed having Jeff there but had fun all the same. Everything we did was 100% free so I didn't mind letting them choose whatever they wanted. There was a magic show, bounce houses, pony rides, face painting, caricatures, food, and various crafts. We missed out on a few things but got to hit up some of the fun ones.


One thing for sure is there is always something to do in this state. I've really enjoyed finding new stuff to check out and I think the kids have loved it as well. Who knows what I'll come across next for us to venture out to.

No comments: