Our first stop this weekend was the Street of Screams. I had gotten an email of this free event for kids 12 and under. It had trick or treating as well as games. I thought it was worth us going to check it out. It started a bit earlier than Jeff could get home so I was flying solo, it was just the 2 kids and myself. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at the set up. The trick or treating was all in a row of cardboard houses and they handed out healthy snacks like granola bars and organic cookies. The kids weren't too excited with their loot but I thought it was fun to see something different. There was face painting, games, a rock wall, cupcake walk, and a bounce house. The event was very well attended and the kids had a great time.




Our next event was this morning with a little ward trunk or treat. It was scheduled for 10am and we arrived on time. It was a nice little turn out considering that when we arrived it began to drizzle and only increased during our whole trick or treating. It's kind of fun to see what people bring to hand out. We of course had a variety of candy but in addition we had some unique items. There was hot chocolate, donuts, and popcorn all handed out of the trunks of vehicles. Something different from the norm and I thought it was fun.
Our last stop was Pumpkin Pallooza in the downtown area. There was a whole variety of stuff going on but among them was a carnival and trick or treating to businesses. Again it was a steady stream of rain but it certainly didn't stop my family from enjoying the outing. The kids enjoyed all the activity going on around us and just wanted to take it all in. Megan got a little sad when she couldn't do everything she wanted. We had to set a few limits and it had already been a long day. As she began to unravel we knew it was time to head home and put a close to our fun.
The kids ended up with a few buckets full of candy and were super happy for everything that they got to do. I don't remember ever getting as much as they did. We are lucky to live in an area that always seems to have a variety of stuff going on at any given time. It keeps us going and we look forward to the next event we will be able to join in. Happy Halloween to one and all.

No comments:
Post a Comment